• Screen printing can be no better than the screen used allows, no matter how new, old, fast, or the cost of the other screen printing equipment used.
• The screen must be supported... flat and square.
• Reality is that even when supported the screen mesh flex changes as the squegee works the ink.
• Newman Roller Frames allow experienced printers to retensioning between print runs, and after reclaiming.
• Newman Roller Frames reduce stretch distortions and inconsistnecies. The larger the screen the greater the benefit.
• Retensionability allows a more constant screen tension than permanently glued screens.
• For the very best perfomance use quality mesh that:
- works at higher tensions of 35+ Newtons/cm
- is set on the frame at an even tension of ±2 Newton/cm
Note: Low quality, cheap mesh will not result in desirable printing. They easily stretch and snap as weak spots give or distort the mesh.
Close up of E & H - one with ordinary mesh and other with quality mesh.
Only Newman offers the best screen tension meter in the world, with all stainless steel hardened gears, shock-proof industrial grade internal gear movement and all jewel sapphire bearings. You get consistent readings every time again and again. Tension meters sold by others with brass and polished gears just do not have the long term accuracy or life.
Newman Textile Frames
Newman Graphic Frames w/ Screens
Newman's aircraft grade torque wrench produces certified torque readings. The small head, with push button directional change, make one-handed adjustments easy. Calibration is with the gold plate on the ruberized handle to separate the foot pounds on the wrench body.